MIAMI MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYER
Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Miami
Work With Experienced North Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyer for your Medical Malpractice Claim
When you’re injured or sick, you have to go to medical facilities to seek help for recovery. Licensed medical practitioners in these facilities must follow conventional medical standards while treating you.
If health care providers fail to follow documented standards and worsen your condition or cause more injury, you should talk to a medical malpractice lawyer about receiving compensation.
At the Law Office of Dean M. Gettis, we have over three decades of experience handling cases like these. Contact us today if you need a Miami medical malpractice lawyer.
The Difference Between Medical Malpractice and a Bad Medical Result
Medical malpractice only applies if there is proof that healthcare providers did not follow the appropriate standard of care while treating you. A bad medical result means that the practitioners followed the right procedures but couldn’t deliver the results you hoped for.
If an evaluation of the medical records shows that the doctor or health professional followed the appropriate standard of care, you can’t sue them for medical malpractice.
Where there is sufficient evidence to show that the hospital or medical provider did not adhere to the relevant standard of care, you may have a case for a medical malpractice lawsuit. However, you need to prove two things to establish that case:
- You must show that the medical provider’s actions or inactions caused your injury or suffering.
- You have to prove that there are financial, emotional, and physical losses from the act of negligence.
The accused professional or hospital will likely pay punitive damages if you successfully prove your case. Contact a law professional today to learn more.
Common Examples of Medical Malpractice
As a highly experienced medical malpractice lawyer in North Miami Beach, we have handled many cases of negligence and omission involving medical practitioners. Some examples of such cases include the following:
- Misdiagnoses of illness or disease, which leads to delayed treatment for an underlying condition.
- Failure to complete diagnosis early enough, causing your condition(s) to worsen.
- Surgery mistakes where the surgeon performs a particular surgery on the wrong patient, operates on the wrong part of the body, or leaves a foreign object inside a patient.
- Unnecessary treatment where the healthcare provider recommends treatment you don’t need.
- Wrong medication prescriptions where the doctor prescribes the wrong drugs or prescribes drugs that harmfully interact with other medications you’re currently using.
- Failure to detect and treat infections during pregnancy, leading to injury to the child.
- Delay or failure to schedule a C-section promptly during birth.
- Use of defective laboratory tools, which lead to incorrect lab test results.
Generally, if you have any reasons to suspect medical malpractice, you need to speak to an attorney immediately. The attorney will delve into the case to see if there are enough grounds for legal action.
Tell Us About Your Case
Fill out our form for a FREE case evaluation.
Our Service Areas
CONTACT US TODAY!
Highly Experienced Medical Malpractice Experts in Miami
Medical malpractice cases in Miami are difficult to navigate. All medical negligence cases have a two-year statute of limitations, meaning you only have two years from when the medical malpractice occurred or from when you noticed the injury to file a case. The timeline is shorter than the four years the law allows for other negligence cases.
In addition, the burden of proof in a medical malpractice case lies on the victim. It’s difficult to establish proof without the proper guidance because the companies and professionals accused of negligence have teams tasked with helping them to avoid liability. These bodies may also push for a quick settlement, coercing victims into accepting unfair compensation.
At the Law Office of Dean M. Gettis, our highly experienced attorneys can protect our clients from all forms of predatory tactics from the hospital or doctor’s legal team and insurance companies while building the case.
We have a team of established medical malpractice attorneys in the North Miami area, and you can trust us to protect your rights throughout the case.
Request a Consultation with Top Medical Malpractice Attorneys with a Proven Track Record in North Miami
Medical malpractice suits in Florida are highly challenging, and you can’t afford to leave your case to inexperienced professionals.
Our team has over three decades of experience dealing with medical negligence cases across Miami. We thoroughly answer all of your questions and can guide you toward making the right choices.
If you have strong reasons to believe that you have suffered an injury due to medical malpractice from any healthcare professional, call us now at (305) 893-8931 to increase your chances of receiving fair compensation. We are the trusted North Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers.